- An elephant coming to say 'hi' at Lugenda Wilderness Camp Enquire now »
- 1 of 10
- Enquire now » An elephant coming to say 'hi' at Lugenda Wilderness Camp
- Enquire now » Aerial view over the remote Niassa Game Reserve
- Enquire now » The view from the swimming pool at Lugenda
- Enquire now » Ladies in the local village
- Enquire now » On a game drive in the Niassa Game Reserve
- Enquire now » Flying into Medjumbe
- Enquire now » Enjoying a romantic dip in the private pools at Medjumbe
- Enquire now » Kayaking in the crystal clear blue waters
- Enquire now » Take long strolls on the beautiful beach at Medjumbe
- Enquire now » Flippers and snorkel on the beach
- Go on a walking Safari with your armed ranger at Lugenda.
- Sip on a gin and tonic at Lugenda as a herd of Elephant trudge through camp.
- Optional half day excursion to Ibo Island.
- Private dinner for two on your verandah at Medjumbe.
This is a bush and beach itinerary with a twist in that both sections are extremely off the beaten track. A safari at Lugenda is perfect for the second or third time safari visitor, an incredible wilderness experience. Medjumbe Island is rustic, barefoot luxury at its best. This private island is the perfect spot in which to lie on your hammock and leave your stresses behind you.
+Day 1 – 4 – Lugenda Wilderness Camp, Niassa Game ReserveItinerary
On arrival in Pemba, Northen Mozambique, you will be met and transferred by air, deep into the heart of the Niassa Game Reserve for a three-night stay at Lugenda, your safari base.AccommodationLugenda Wilderness Camp »
Lugenda Wilderness Camp provides visitors with the true quality of wilderness that is rare to find on safari today. Whether you are a photographer, birder, naturalist, or just enjoy getting in touch with nature in its rawest form, Lugenda is sure to fulfill your expectations.Lugenda Wilderness Camp »
+Day 4 - 9 – Medjumbe, Northern MozambiqueItinerary
This morning, you will be flown direct from Lugenda to your beach resort for the next five-nights, Medjumbe Island.AccommodationMedjumbe Private Island »
Medjumbe is the ultimate in intimate island living and an ideal getaway for those wishing to experience exclusivity and privacy. This tiny island with its breathtaking coral reefs and sea views is known for its delicious seafood, gracious hospitality and exceptional diving.Medjumbe Private Island »
+Day 9 - End of tourItinerary
This afternoon, transfer back to Pemba on the mainland, in order to take your onward connection.
- All flights and transfers as stated
- 3 nights at Lugenda Safari Lodge on an all inclusive basis to include all meals, drinks and game viewing activities
- 5 nights at Medjumbe on a fully inclusive basis to include all meals, drinks and non motorized water sports
- Park Fees
- International flights
- Mozambique Departure Tax
- Mozambique Visa
- Items of a personal nature
Similar Recommended Tours
This itinerary begins with a safari at a luxury tented camp, followed by three nights at a rustic luxury lodge on the Northern Mozambique Mainland, ending in the warm waters of an Indian Ocean Paradise, where you can chill out or take part in the interesting activities.Read more »
This itinerary offers the discerning traveller a ‘best of’ East Africa, combining the ultimate safari and beach experiences. After a safari in Tanzania’s remote Southern Region, you are whisked down to Mozambique’s Quirimbas Archipelgo for a stay on Vamizi Private Island.Read more »
An ideal holiday for anyone wanting to experience real Africa! Taking in the South Luangwa and a relaxing break on the shores of the beautiful Lake Malawi make this the perfect itinerary for those looking for a rustic but fulfilling experience of Africa.Read more »