Zambia Fly-In Safari
- Sundowners in the Mupamadzi River, Luangwa Valley Enquire now »
- 1 of 11
- Enquire now » Sundowners in the Mupamadzi River, Luangwa Valley
- Enquire now » Beautiful sky
- Enquire now » Walking through a river in the Luangwa Valley
- Enquire now » A dazzle of zebra
- Enquire now » Enjoying a beautiful African sunset at Nkwali Camp
- Enquire now » Lions mating in emerald season
- Enquire now » Fine outdoor dining at Nkwali
- Enquire now » Nkwali Camp's bedroom view
- Enquire now » Outdoor lunch at Tena Tena
- Enquire now » The Tena Tena Camp team
- Enquire now » The romantic honeymoon tent at Tena Tena
- Getting out of the vehicles and tracking game on foot in the South Luangwa.
- Private Bush Dinner for two at Tena Tena.
- Sipping G&T's in the bar at Nkwali as big game wanders through the camp.
- Take a boating trip on the Luangwa River from Nkwali, exploring the lagoons.
This is a trip for those who want to experience the real Africa. The South Luangwa is a fantastic remote safari experience which allows the adventurous traveller the opportunity to view the game on foot as well as the more conventional way on a vehicle. There are also opportunities for boating safaris on the Luangwa River here. This is an African Safari in the style of the early explorers albeit with plenty more creature comforts!
+Day 1 – 4 - Nkwali Camp, South LuangwaItinerary
On arrival in Lusaka, you will be met and presented with onward ticketing for your short flight to Mfuwe, the gate way to the South Luangwa National Park. Arrival transfer from Mfuwe to Robin Pope’s Nkwali Camp for a three-night stay. Activities here include game drives and walking safaris.AccommodationNkwali Camp »
Nkwali Safari Camp, on the banks of the Luangwa River in the South Luangwa National Park, is styled as a camp rather than a conventional safari lodge. Built entirely of natural materials and designed to be "open" to the surrounding bush, Nkwali hosts only a dozen visitors at a time.Nkwali Camp »
+Day 4 - 7- Tena Tena, South LuangwaItinerary
This morning, transfer to Robin Pope’s Tena Tena Camp for a two-night stay. Walking safaris are the order of the day here.AccommodationTena Tena »
Tena Tena in Zambia’s South Luangwa National Park has become a favourite home-from-home for globetrotters worldwide. The words “Tena Tena” mean "temporary home" in the local language, and for many people this exclusive and luxury five tent camp is its very own safari nirvana.Tena Tena »
+Day 7 – End of TourItinerary
This afternoon, return to Lusaka by air from Mfuwe in order to take your onward connection.
- All internal flights as stated
- 3 nights at Robin Pope’s Nkwali Camp on a fully inclusive basis to include all game viewing activities
- 3 nights at Robin Pope’s Tena Tena Camp on a fully inclusive basis to include all game viewing activities
- Park Fees
- International flights
- Items of a personal nature
- All meals not specified
- Travel Insurance
Similar Recommended Tours
An ideal holiday for anyone wanting to experience real Africa! Taking in the South Luangwa and a relaxing break on the shores of the beautiful Lake Malawi make this the perfect itinerary for those looking for a rustic but fulfilling experience of Africa.Read more »
A great trip combining two very exciting destinations – South Luangwa known for its amazing game walking safaris and the Lower Zambezi which offers canoeing safaris and night drives. Enjoy top quality game drives, memorable bush walks and top fishing.Read more »
This itinerary is a veritable ‘best of’ Zambia taking in the famous South Luangwa National Park along with the lesser known Kafue National Park. This trip offers the safari lover a wide range of experiences ranging from day and night drives to bird watching and game walks.Read more »