Big Five Safaris
What can be more exhilarating than tracking a lion as it stalks its prey and then finally pounces for the kill? On a Big Five Safari this can be an everyday reality. The sheer size, strength and beauty and of the big five (lion, leopard, elephant, rhino & buffalo) is a humbling and life-changing experience. From boma dinners out under the stars, luxury accommodation and the friendly smiles that greet you at your bush breakfast, a Big Five Safari is an absolute must on any visit to Africa.
What to expect on your Big Five Safari
- The majority of lodges offer two daily game viewing activities, normally morning and afternoon game drives with qualified rangers.
- Game drives depart at dawn and dusk as these are the most active times of day for the animals.
- Game drives are almost always punctuated with a coffee break in the mornings and sundowner stops in the evenings, the latter being a favourite time of the day for many on their safari!
- Over a three or four-night stay at the vast majority of Game Lodges we offer, you have a fairly good chance of seeing the so-called Big Five.
- Many lodges offer game viewing walks as well as drives- if these opportunities arise, we recommend that you take them as this can often be a once in a life time experience.
- You will never go short of food on safari and the outdoor boma dining experiences offered by most lodges are often as memorable as the game viewing that took place earlier in the day!